Dear ORC Community,
Re: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update
We are reviewing activity on a daily basis on the advice of the Australian Government Department of Health, NSW Health and NSW Department of Education.
Today 17th March, we wish to advise the following in regards to ORC activities:
- CANCELLED: All Higher Risk Ensembles. Specifically:
- Come Together Choir
- Symphonic Choir
- Adult Singing Classes
- Adult percussion
- Adult Ukuleles
- (Orange Male Voice Choir)
- CANCELLED: Pub Choir this Thursday.
- CANCELLED: 5-6-7-8 Concert on 4th April (due to excessive numbers in the auditorium).
- CONTINUING: “Music For Seven Hands” concert this Friday 20th March. We anticipate max ~50 persons in the auditorium.
- CONTINUING: OYO Concerto auditions will remain as scheduled Saturday 21st March, for now.
- CONTINUING: All Children’s, Youth and other Ensembles will continue to rehearse, for now.
- CONTINUING: All individual lessons will continue, for now.
As news comes to hand will inform you as quickly as possible.
In the meantime, please help minimise risks by:
- Stay home and not attend if you are sick
- Stay home if you have stayed away from work or school
- Cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow or with a tissue (and dispose of it immediately). Avoid close contact with people who are ill. Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- If you are unwell with a respiratory illness you should remain at home until symptoms clear up.
- Members of continuing ensembles who consider themselves at higher risk are advised not to attend
Please contact your teacher/conductor directly or phone/email the Conservatorium as soon as you make the decision to cancel. Usual terms and conditions for cancelled lessons apply.
Thank you for your patience.